17.6.06

CALLING ALL SWEDES!!!


i need your help. a group of us were in cambridge england back in 1999 and besides taking along the necessities (clothes, toiletries, money) i packed one of my favorite things, my GQ magazine. so i packed away "the comedy issue" which GQ has not done since then, with mike meyers on the cover. little did i know that this specific issue would not only become my favorite issue to date, but that it would haunt me for the next seven years...

so inside are all of these jokes from different comedians, but there was one in particular that we could never understand, and this is where i need your help. here's the joke:


"The king of Sweden was out hunting in the woods with one of his assistants. As they looked around, suddenly there appeared in the clearing another man. The king raised his rifle. The man shouted, "I'm not a moose!" The king fired a shot and killed the man. Stunned, the assistant said, "Sire, he said, 'i'm not a moose!'" "Oh," said the king, "I thought he said , 'I am a moose.'"

so help... anyone?

(
Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf (right) poses with Sunita Narain and the Stockholm Water Prize diploma awarded to Narain at the Concert Hall in Stockholm on Thursday. — AFP photo)

4 comments:

ANNA said...

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS JOKE ABOUT!!!!!!!

Tommyboy said...

You know, I don't even remember you talking about that joke Drew.

I remember a "Gilbert Grape" kid though.

Andrew said...

that gilbert grape comment was one of the best moments of the trip... i still laugh about it!!!

ANNA said...

oh man that gilbert grape exchange! HAHAHAHA!