12.2.09

so sad...

the past two weeks have been tough, especially since my little 15" powerbook g4 (and funnily enough i haven't named, but let's call him... NEIL), which has gone with me to japan, europe, and to the east coast, seems to be slowly, dare i say it... the opposite of living.

he's shutting down randomly and can't handle multiple applications like he used to. granted he is almost 4 years old, which is pretty good in laptop years, and his battery only gave me about 10 minutes of battery life, but i've taken pretty good care of him. i've never dropped him (knock on wood) always kept him in his case when traveling, never put him in extreme temperatures, and if i did it was only for a few minutes. the few visits that we've had to the genius bar haven't been horrible, but hopefully he'll be able to make it till i finish my portfolio and then some after that...

but the upside is that i could get a new one, to help ease the pain of not seeing his big 15" screen.

i'm pulling for you NEIL!

1 comments:

lissa said...

I still have my 13" G4 iBook and it's also about 4 years old. I'm surprised it still works pretty well. Although I don't think I've used it as much as I should.