17.11.05

trying to stay awake...

so for the past couple of days i've been slaving away in CAD trying to bet some floor plans done for my project. in a nutshell i'm doing a live work residence for an art therapist based in a kyoto neighborhood. and i have some stuff done, but now i need to work in 3d so i can really understand what i've made. i also need to work out the facade and all of that other fun stuff.

anyways, right now i'm actually waiting for my laundry... it's like 3am and i'm up doing laundry. WTF?!! apparently i've become notorious for hogging the wash here, which is somewhat true, but in my defense i haven't done laundry in like a week and a half, which is really good b/c i packed enough clothes to last me at least two weeks without having to wash clothes. i also promised myself that i would wear all the clothes that i brought here atleast once so that my packing wouldn't be in vain. but besides waiting i also was brushing up on the 3d program that i've been trying to learn for the past couple of years. it's hard for some people!


anyways so here are some pics from a recent trip to osaka. i'll just put these random ones up b/c i'm getting really tired and i need something to kind keep me entertained... enjoy!



"anybody home upstairs?" this was at some ridiculous hotel in osaka. the front columns here these huge heads with legs attached to them. above left is minami, she's the mascot for this art festival that happens in osaka.

this is a "conversation hotel"... and when i say conversation i mean "sex." that's a guy. and no i didn't go in.

time to check laundry... just some advice, if you guys ever come to japan and are here for an extended period of time and need to do laundry, don't forget to bring dryer sheets, there is static like crazy over here...

4 comments:

lissa said...

haha.. that's pretty cool. That's a guy?!? Isn't there a district there in Japan where it's all the sex motels? Was that it?

j0emama said...

dude, why did I not know you had a blog!?!?!

this is the best reading i've done in a while...

I gotta read this thing from the beginning!

good stuff Andrew! looks like you're having a great time in Japan!!!
- joemama

lil jay said...

Hey, I just found your blog too!

I'm goin to Japan on Saturday...where you be? I'll be going to Iwaki, about 3 hours from Tokyo and hopefully I'll get to tokyo on the weekends.

Andrew said...

what's up guys! just keeping it low pro i guess.

anyways yeah i'll be in kyoto this weekend but i have japanese class until about 3pm. if you're in town, drop me an emial or something (andrew_boquiren@yahoo.com)