8.10.05

i'm off...

alright so finally i think i've got this blog thing figured out. i'm kinda surprised that i'm doing this since i'm pretty private about stuff, but atleast this way i can edit what i say and make it alittle more presentable than my usualy "UHHH....UHHH" (if you guys were at larnie's graduation party and other events where i have to speak in public, you know what i mean).

"let's start from the very beginning, a very good place to start..."


Monday, August 29, 2005 7am: i'm finally in the shower getting ready after a long night of packing (debating if should i take all of my jeans there, and if i do will there be woolite to wash them in? and how do i wash my clothes if the washer is all in japanese? stuff like that was going though my mind. useless stuff.) i was also not sleeping b/c i was trying to get computer programs so i could be prepared for school. after not getting everything i needed on my computer, my dad tells me to get into the shower and get ready. so i zip up my heavy ass bags (i always over pack), make sure i have all of my stuff (computer CHECK!, ipod CHECK! "you know how when you do something good you give yourself a "CHECK!"? anyways) i get into the car with my dad, wave bye to my mom and head off to the airport.

i'm actually doing alright, i guess being in a rush you don't have time miss things or take it all in. i get to the airport, say bye to my dad and head off to check in my bags. i call my friend hannah seeing if she's going to be able to make it to the airport but i wake her up. we figure that coming to see me off my not be the best thing b/c if she comes she's going to pay $8 for 30 minutes and it doesn't really seem worth it. so i'm sitting there kind getting sad that i won't get to see my friend of a while and for some reason my throat starts to kinda hurt. my eyes start welling up, trying to hide the tears from the couple sitting next to me. i look up and through my tearing haze, out of the crowd appears leia. i get up and start walking, and tears start running down my face. i'm such a baby. (whhaaa whhaa whaa) of course i'm trying to hide it b/c obviously leia is going to make fun of me. and then next thing i hear is "are you crying? REALLY?" geez, what a way to hit me while i'm down. but yeah it finally hit me, i'm leaving for japan...


i think the tears were good for me though, it made me realize that this is the first time that i've ever done anything like this before. meaning traveling by myself to a different land, with minimal knowledge of the language, and with no friends. every other time i've traveled i've been with cile, anna, fantone, leia, jean, larnie, tin and a whole gang of other people.

this time, it was just andrew.


i say bye to leia, pop a dramamine and board my flight...

0 comments: